Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I want to make a girl...



Okay, I've decided to try something with my neice and nephews. I love art, as you can tell by going here. So, I want to try and give some of my knowledge and love of art to my neice and nephews. So far, my neice seems to be the only one interested, so over the weekend, and to keep her out of my mother's hair, we made a 'littwe guwl'. Translated, we made a little girl. First, we started off with a picture of a little girl, which is a calendar page from my Mary Engelbreit calendar. She said she wanted to make a girl like that, so we took her construction paper and cut out a face, and arms to start off with. Then we colored in the eyes, cheeks, and shadows for the face and arms, hair for the hair and some shadows for her dress.
Then we glued them all together, quite difficultly I might add, to make her into a little girl. Here is our final piece. (Notice we did not use any markers, which were her idea, or very much of the construction paper.
Overall, I was very happy with how this turned out. My neice loves her 'littwe guwl' and I love that she loved making it. :) Now I just have to see what I can make with my nephews....

No comments: