Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a little early...




Once we finished the hearts, our pow wow was interrupted by the nephews. Well, that just wound miss girlie up and even though we had already decided to make a bunny rabbit (which looks like it could be a duck in this picture), too, she really wasn't into it since there wasn't a whole lot for her to do. So, I cut out the pieces, colored them, let her add the grass, and that was about it. Then I glued everything down. Then, she helped me punch out polka dots for the 'eggs' as she called them. They really weren't anything but a decoration, but they do look like eggs, so I guess that's what they are.


So, I just have a before and after pic for this one. Like I said, I may not get to do these too often, so I thought I would do as many as I could at once, just in case. My youngest nephew (about a year old) seems like he'll want to do art with me when he gets a bit older. I really don't know what to make with him now that he could do himself. I have to 'help' my neice more than enough as it is on her projects. My oldest nephew, who's in school, only likes making the really boyish stuff, like trucks. And since art is like a school thing to him, he's not to fond of making too many things. However, a week or so ago, I learned how to do some Origami and made some paper boxes and paper cranes. He liked doing that because the boxes were easy to make and you got to blow them open with your mouth. (These are really fun to make once you get the hang of it, but learning them for the first time was hard. I did memorize how to make the boxes, but the rest I still have to read from the instruction manual. I got my book and paper from Barnes and Noble during their sale as well for another $1. It was a great day that day.... :)

No comments: